Subject: Zoom Introductory Class Recording and Instructions
Thank you for your patience while I gathered all the information to help prepare your class for their first Virtual Get-Together on Monday, November 23.
As mentioned, please find the meeting link, ID and call in instructions at the bottom of this email to share with your classmates. I will start the meeting for you, stick around for the first few minutes and turn over control to you and the other moderators. You can copy and paste the meeting information below when emailing your classmates. We can use this link on 11/23 and if you want we can even use it for other times you'd like to meet with me.
Now, to ensure that everyone can get connected, please see the instructions Amy Kaneshiro '18 & Mara Morioka '18 shared with me below. They are self-explanatory and should be helpful. Also, please share the recording of their Zoom Introduction Tutorial:
They cover the basics plus some advanced skills which everyone will find helpful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
The Zoom meeting link and meeting ID information are in the body of this email.
- For an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting from your desktop or laptop computer, check out this video: https://youtu.be/kh50kVaIdAY. The meeting ID for this class is 914 1045 1711 or you can click on the link https://iolani.zoom.us/j/91410451711 . If you are using a smartphone or tablet (iPhone, iPad, Android phone, etc.), please proceed with the steps below.
- Installing the Zoom application (or “app”) ahead of time is highly recommended. If you have a smartphone or tablet, go to the App Store (if you have an Apple device) or the Google Play Store (if you have an Android device).
- Type the key words “Zoom Cloud Meetings” in the search bar, tap “ZOOM Cloud Meetings” from the drop down selection, and click “Install” (on an Android) or “Get” then “Install” (on an iPhone).
- Usually, a Zoom meeting invitation will be in the body of an email sent by the meeting organizer, the reunion link is right here: https://iolani.zoom.us/j/91410451711 . We advise reading through the rest of the steps before clicking the link, however.
- Once you click the above link, a pop-up will say “Open/Join with…” and display some options. Click on the Zoom icon and click “ALWAYS” or “OK” (depending on your device).
- You may have messages presented to you saying “Please Wait for the Host to Start the Meeting” or “Please Wait, the meeting host will let you in soon.” Wait patiently to be let into the Zoom meeting.
- Once you’ve been admitted into the meeting, you will be asked to enter your name. Click “OK” once you have done so.
- You might see prompts to allow Microphone/Audio and Camera. Click “Allow” or “OK” for both. You may receive a prompt with audio options for your mic. Select “Call Over Internet.”
- Once you are in the Zoom meeting, your classmates will be able to get the reunion started.
Congratulations! You are now ready for the Class of 1962 Get-Together on Monday, November 23!
Shari Ann Tapper is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Class of 1962 Virtual Get- Together
Time: Nov 23, 2020 02:30 PM Hawaii
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 914 1045 1711
Shari Tapper '90
Alumni Relations Manager | `Iolani School
563 Kamoku Street | Honolulu, HI 96826
Office: 808.943.2309 | Fax: 808.943.2326 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org